Hardwood flooring is a beautiful and unique flooring option that can add a lot of character to any room. Here are some tips for caring for hardwood flooring:
- Keep the floors clean. Hardwood requires regular cleaning to maintain its shine and color. Dust mites, which are small creatures that thrive in dirty environments, will cause the wood to rot and discolor over time. Clean the wood with a vacuum cleaner on low or hose it down with a garden hose. Make sure to use a Wood Floor Cleaner specifically designed for hardwood floors before you do this, as some cleaners may damage the wood.
- Protect the finish. You should also protect the finish of your hardwood flooring by regularly applying a sealant or wax. This will keep dirt and dust from sticking to the surface, protecting it from sunlight and wear and tear. Some sealants also come with warranties that cover damage caused by water or moisture.
- Check for signs of distress. If you notice any signs of distress on your hardwood floor – like patches that are growing bigger or more frequent – then it’s time to call in a professional to assess the situation and make recommendations about how to fix it.
Cost of Installing Hardwood Flooring
When it comes to choosing a flooring option, hardwood is a popular choice. It has a beautiful and natural look, and it’s also very durable – which is great news if you’re looking for a floor that will last for years.
There are two main types of hardwood floors: traditional and engineered. Traditional hardwood is made from natural wood that’s been dried out and then sawn into boards that are about 2 inches thick. These boards are then sanded down to a smooth finish before being finished with a sealant or lacquer.
Engineered hardwood, on the other hand, is made from composite materials like bamboo or recycled plastic. These materials are combined in such a way that they form the appearance of real wood – right down to the grain. Furthermore, these floors are much more durable than traditional hardwoods because they don’t have any knots or blemishes.
The good news is that both types of hardwood flooring come in different price ranges – and there’s something for everyone to choose from!
Benefits of Installing Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is a popular choice for home décor because it has several benefits that make it a good investment.
- It’s a natural source of beauty and durability. Hardwood is made up of small, tightly bonded pieces of wood that are almost impervious to decay and wear. This makes hardwood flooring an ideal choice for areas where you want your floor to last for many years.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Unlike other flooring options, hardwood doesn’t require any kind of sealant or finishing treatment, which means that it’s safe for the environment. Hardwood is one of the least harmful flooring materials when it comes to environmental impact.
- It’s easy to care for. Unlike other floors that require regular cleaning and maintenance (like tile or laminate), hardwood just needs a light dusting once every few months to keep it looking shiny and new.